How do I help my client (a 50 year old homemaker) whose daughter is stuck in another city for her job?My client is constantly stressed about her daughter’s health and any COVID related news causes more anxiety. As a counselor, what can I do?
It appears that the main concerns are (1) Daughter’s health (2) Covid related anxiety
1. Appreciate the fact that her daughter has a job during these trying times when many are out of work
2. Emphasize that her daughter is an adult and will be able to take care of her health.
3. Excess worrying and anxiety can negatively affect immunity so it\’s important to manage these
4. To communicate frequently with the daughter through whatsapp video calls etc. at mutually convenient timings
5. The pandemic is not in our control but we can control our thoughts and actions. So, focus on regular routine activities, engage in favourite hobbies, make whatsapp video calls with neighbours.
6. Avoid constant searching for covid related information in the media. Focus on positive and non-covid related news.
7. Eat nutritious food, take enough fluids, do yoga/walking/exercise etc. to maintain her health.
Please login or Register to ask a new question