The wife of a migrant is in another state. She is very disturbed due to the problems her husband is facing and him not being able to come home. He has been calling home and expressing wanting to come home early and difficulty in staying back. How can I as a counselor help the wife handle her distress and the situation she is in?
- Discuss her concerns regarding her husband not able to come home (financial, social security etc.)
- Help her to understand the need for taking care of her own self (Food, Sleep on time etc)
- Discuss with her the importance of keeping in touch with each other regularly.
- Teach her simple relaxation exercise (Breathing exercise), sleep hygiene to manage the reactions due to stress
- Depending on which state her husband is stuck, help her in giving the right contact numbers to file the application to get back home. (For ex: Police, railways, transport departments are streamlining the travel of the migrants to their native place
- Encourage the wife to keep in touch with counsellor on periodic intervals
Please login or Register to ask a new question